My Dad's Superpower is looking at a thing and being able to go off and make one of his own. Normally a better version
Suki's Superpower is, no matter how bulky a sweater you're wearing or under how many blankets you are, to be able to stand directly on your nipple which hurts much more than you would imagine possible with only 3.1kgs of body weight.
My Superpower is manifestation. Or, making dreams come true. If you don't believe me, here are some recent examples:
- On holiday with my sister and we only booked one night to test out out accommodations. We loved it: turns out our rooms weren't available for the rest of our stay. Except that then I worked my superpower, and VOILA the other party cancelled.
- A couple of weeks ago I was speaking with my sister about if she was considering buying a car. I mentioned "I've always imagined you'd have a VW Golf. Was that your dream car or something years ago?". She had no memory of it having been ... however two days later a friend-of-a-friend called her and said "Hey Amy I heard you didn't have a car and wondered if you were interested in mine? It's just a small car, it's a VW Golf". No shit, that really happened.
- Last month at about 9pm I started to have a really serious craving for a chocolate eclair. It was almost hard to get to sleep I wanted one so much. The next morning I had to attend a conference. Guess what they served at morning tea!?!
- Last year when I was in Las Vegas I had a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon booked. Amazing. However as the four-day convention I'd been attending wrapped up I was exhausted, and the idea of the 5am wake-up call for the tour was sort of awful. I started thinking "Gawd I just want to sleep in".
Cue phone call notification that the tour had been cancelled. There wasn't another one available before I left the country. Bugger. (although the resulting sleep-in was heavenly, and I suspect the GC isn't actually going anywhere).
So why am talking about this now? Because the lesson I have learned with this power is that I have to be very specific when I am putting things out into the universe.
I've spent about a year with an idea of what I kinda wanted and sorta getting my shit kinda together ... ya know, typical grief/anger/sorrow/resentment coping stuff. But since my birthday I really decided "Nah, F that, this is my year, I'm gonna DO IT!".
And between Thursday and Friday the following things happened:
- My new property settled
- I received my test results from my post-surgery check-up (all good)
- I (finally) received and signed my divorce papers
- I was contacted my a very dear friend who I had been experiencing some weirdness with and we talked for HOOOUUURS
- I saw a real life unicorn.
OK, one of those things didn't actually happen. But my point is still the same - the Universe is poised at all times to give you what you want. So be CLEAR, dream BIG, and ASK FOR IT!!