As you know, I love planning. And I think that planning leads to the best results. Including for all things romance!
Here are some tips that will help you plan a a Perfect Date for your Valentine:
- Make your date suitable for your stage of the relationship – don’t take a first date to your sister’s wedding!
- First date? Go somewhere that you know, so you won’t be so nervous. Having said that, don’t go to your local if all your friends will be there – think about your date’s comfort and nerves, too.
- In your early dating period, you want to get to know each other. It’s a good idea to stay away from noisy bars or other places you can’t hear each other talk!
- Plan with your honey in mind – its not about your favourites, its about theirs! For the best results, go for those faves you have in common.
- Be realistic. If you’ve never even been on a boat, take a chartered cruise rather than try and sail on your own.
- Have a budget and stick to it. You won’t impress anyone washing dishes to pay your bill, or suggesting your honey jump out of the cab while it’s still moving!
- Make it special by making it different. Anyone can take your honey to dinner – what special things can you bring to the table (pun intended!)
- Keep it romantic. This is for the long-termers. You need to talk about the kids’ school, about the mechanic’s bill, about how you think the neighbours are sneaking their trash into your bin. Set up a time – these are not Date conversations!
- CHILL OUT! Don’t get stressed, you’ll end up being uptight on your date (and maybe even make yourself sick). Roll with whatever happens – some of the best couples I know have hilarious disastrous date stories!
So there you have it, lovers. Go forth and make amazing plans and have lovely dates. You and your honey deserve it.
With love and rainbows,
P.S Want more? You really ought to check out The Perfect Date Planner. As well as more tips and heaps of great ideas for dates, it also includes planning help, budgeting support and even memory-book stickers! Check it out now - it's even been reduced in price because I'm such a sucker for looooove.